We’re Hiring! Landscape Designer/Landscape Architect
Category: News and Updates
Date: April 15, 2021
We are currently seeking a multi-faceted landscape designer or landscape architect to join our team. In this role, the landscape designer/architect will assist on a variety of parks and recreation master planning, public engagement, site planning and design, park design, and construction documentation projects. This professional will assist in the production of high-quality project deliverables for clients across the Midwest.
Located in the heart of downtown Olathe, Landworks Studio is a woman-owned, landscape architecture and planning firm founded over 20 years ago. Being a small boutique firm, our studio thrives on collaborative creativity, unique problem-solving, and high-quality graphics. Over the years, we’ve designed a variety of spaces across the Kansas City metro and beyond. Some of these include Meadowbrook Park, KC Pet Project, and Gillham Park Sprayground.
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, who is down-to-earth, focused, and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit. Interested candidates should have:
- Great attention to detail
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- An interest in pursuing licensure
- Vibrant digital graphic production skills
- Urban design experience
- Plant knowledge for this region
- The ability to work in-office and remotely
- A valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program
- 2-5+ years of experience
Proficiency in Lumion, SketchUp, AutoCad, Adobe Creative Suite and LandFX.
- Meet with clients to discuss design ideas, propose solutions, provide project status, and schedule meetings as directed.
- Provide support and collaborate, as directed, in all facets of projects, proposals or assignments.
- Perform initial quality check and submit deliverables to the project manager for final approval and submission to clients.
- Attend project meetings, as assigned, to understand the client’s goals for the project and to apply design principles to meet those goals.
- Complete overhead office tasks to improve efficiencies within current office practices.
- Work to improve the existing marketing materials to best represent the project and our final product, as directed.
- Offer input and direction on ways to improve a project, process or final product based on knowledge and perspective gained through work experience or educational courses.
Interested candidates should respond with an electronic cover letter and resume to email@example.com.